Help Centre what do you need help with?

I was convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Can I enter Canada?

It depends. If you have been convicted of driving under the influence, you are criminally inadmissible to Canada. However, you may be eligible for individual or deemed rehabilitation, depending on how much time has passed. Under some circumstances, you may also be offered a fee-exempt temporary resident permit for one visit to Canada under IRCC's new policy on criminal inadmissibility.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: